Historical personality usernames.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

CarvinMarvin #1 Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:14 PM

Captain

• 22631 battles
Rommel and Guderian. I've fought a few people with usernames including these two names. And honestly, I'm yet to meet one who is actually any good. It has sort of reached the point where seeing one of these names on the other side I start anticipating how I will get the kill, so has anyone encountered a player with a historical personality name who has been a challenge? We will leave out our own Col.

Despreaux #2 Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:16 PM

Captain

• 9998 battles
Never really did, seen many rommels and guderians but they are just absolutely clueless of what they are actually doing. So havent found one yet and most of them are at tier 7 and 8 battles

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

Col_Abrams #3 Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles

Lol!...Thanks for the disclaimer. My own WR is running over 52% at the moment and in some vehicles over 60%. I'm no Unicum but I can confidently hold my own in a battle once I figure out the vehicle. My decision to choose Abrams was based on a very small introduction to him during my initial training on leadership. And I also was a big fan of the original M1 game on PC. Below from Wikipedia...

Abrams was known as an aggressive and successful armor commander. General George Patton said of him: "I'm supposed to be the best tank commander in the Army, but I have one peer — Abe Abrams. He's the world champion."[3] Frequently the spearhead of the Third Army during World War II, Abrams was one of the leaders in the relief effort that broke up the German entrenchments surrounding Bastogne and the 101st Airborne Division during the Battle of the Bulge. In April, 1945 he was promoted to (temporary (brevet)) colonel but reverted to lieutenant colonel during World War II demobilization.

He was noted for his concern for soldiers, his emphasis on combat readiness, and his insistence on personal integrity.[citation needed

"They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards..."
   Colonel Creighton W Abrams

CarvinMarvin #4 Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:50 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles
Ran into a Patton today hiding in the back corner of the map sniping away in his KV-3 at the back of the lemming train. Then when he was spotted and hit, it was run and hide behind some cover until I came in and dug him out. He was middle tier as part of what started as a 7-on-3. Patton would be rolling in his grave.

Col_Abrams #5 Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles
I'll be truly frightened when I see a "Moshe Dayan"...it'll be someone who genuinely knows their trade.

destructorCOC #6 Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6153 battles
How about a guy named Stalin who has unicum stats that says you are declared dead on the start of the game XD

People don't change they only get old,

If I let you back in close,will you hurt me?

Col_Abrams #7 Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles
Surprised I haven't seen a "McMaste"r (Battle of 73 Easting). 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users