Ammo stocks based on rof

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

P0rcH #1 Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:22 AM

Sergeant

• 9391 battles

Just asking but after working the kv1s with a slow rate of fire and a time limit on the game are we over stocking our tanks with ammo.? To lazy to do the math but I'm sure someone else has checked this before, ok I understan that u just carry enough apcr to carry u through a game and If game time/rof is greater than total expected shells fired at optimal timing,, well u see what I mean I hope

This is my tank. There are many like it but this one is mine. My tank is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my tank is useless. Without my tank I am useless. I must drive my tank true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my tank and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

Mehliveat #2 Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:37 AM

Captain

• 18150 battles
  • [DP]
It doesn't matter if you over stock on ammo.  You only pay for what you use, and its better to over carry than running out of ammo.  Unless you got a certain medal in mind.

destructorCOC #3 Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5970 battles

View PostMehliveat, on 01 November 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

It doesn't matter if you over stock on ammo.  You only pay for what you use, and its better to over carry than running out of ammo.  Unless you got a certain medal in mind.

Load up one ammo in the whole tank,then be a medal hunting NOOB XD

People don't change they only get old,

If I let you back in close,will you hurt me?

P0rcH #4 Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:50 AM

Sergeant

• 9391 battles

View PostMehliveat, on 01 November 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

already got the the last shell for last enemy medal, just thinking that in realty if ur tank gets hit all ur ammo load should blow 

This is my tank. There are many like it but this one is mine. My tank is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my tank is useless. Without my tank I am useless. I must drive my tank true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my tank and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

P0rcH #5 Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:58 AM

Sergeant

• 9391 battles
Don't make me hash tag just saying

Artisto81 #6 Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

Captain

• 8231 battles
In wot blitz one team have only 7 tanks each, so I am never consumed more than 20 shells for each battle...

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

KodaK #7 Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 2574 battles
Unless you're dragging your zombies in uphill, slippery terrain in which case, you're more likely to expend most of your loadout

Chalks #8 Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 13985 battles

I've seen a Ferdi run out of ammo. Couldn't understand how you let that happen. Anyone else ever run out? I've never come close except in E100. 2 HE with rest half HEAT, half AP. Used all the HEAT (my fault for letting them bounce) and used half my AP, so maybe 7 rounds left? That's as close as I ever got to running out.

Whoever told me about firing HE into the ground under a tank thanks. Worked a treat the one time I tried it on a low HP tier X.

KodaK #9 Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2574 battles

View PostChalks, on 01 November 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

I've seen a Ferdi run out of ammo. Couldn't understand how you let that happen. Anyone else ever run out? I've never come close except in E100. 2 HE with rest half HEAT, half AP. Used all the HEAT (my fault for letting them bounce) and used half my AP, so maybe 7 rounds left? That's as close as I ever got to running out.

Whoever told me about firing HE into the ground under a tank thanks. Worked a treat the one time I tried it on a low HP tier X.

I almost did with my t54, i barely left a win with 3 AP shells remaining. My HEAT looadout went empty because my nitwits didn't know how to shoot and had to whittle down some e100s, an is8, another t54 and i can't remember who else i had to fight

EDIT: and yes some close calls with my T32 as well, forgot to mention. Pretty much the same situation as the 54

Edited by KodaK, 02 November 2014 - 01:40 AM.

Despreaux #10 Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:27 PM

Captain

• 9998 battles
I almost consumed all my 25 AP shells (excluding my APCRs) for a carry battle on my IS-7, I knee I was done for if I didnt had more amo but thankfully I did. Its best to carry more to cope with carrying battles

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

M8Tricks #11 Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

View PostP0rcH, on 01 November 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

if ur tank gets hit all ur ammo load should blow 

I read somewhere in a discussion on ammo racking, that the chance of blowing completely up is linked to how much ammo you have left in your tank.

If you want to avoid being ammo racked entirely, then carry no ammo.

It has been recommended as a strategy in lighter tanks that are being used as scouts in PC clan wars - but you should always carry some, just in case you run into another scout.

A trial at the maths

7 minute game - E100 top gun fires less than 4 rounds per minute.

Means its pointless carrying more than 28 rounds of all ammo types.

But you can run out of some ammo types in the course of battle, so if you find yourself in a situation where you are out of the ammo type that you need (e.g. HE for a cap reset - gold round to kill that opponent with a few hundred HP in a hard to pen tank etc) it could cost you the game.

You might consider equipping no more than 28 rounds of any given type to make best use of it though - maye a few less as its usually at least a minute before you engage opponents, and its very rare that you can fire as soon as an enemy appears... and dont forget to take into account the effect of a rammer or vents on firing rate 

WoT Blitz - :Legend of BBIC

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

ShirouRabbit #12 Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:05 AM

Sergeant

• 22557 battles
  • [1ST]
Good analysis from M8Tricks.

This is something that has concerned me with the Russian tank destroyers.
The ISU-152 with the BL-10S can empty it's magazine of all rounds in just under 5 minutes.  This drops to 4 minutes 21.6 seconds with a gun rammer (4:17 with vents too).
So this makes the question of what ammo to bring rather more interesting.  I usually bring 14 rounds of AP, and I've only run out of AP once.  But that's only 3 minutes of AP in a 7 minute game if I can find a target as soon as I've reloaded each time.
The 6 rounds of HE offers me _some_ tactical flexibility, but I've also run out of HE on one occasion, hull down IS-7s don't give AP much of a chance, and he just sat there, so the HE was gone in a little over a minute.
I don't carry gold ammo with the BL-10, the AP is good enough most of the time, and I don't want to give up magazine space for it.
I think I'll stick to the 14/6 split, but it does worry me when one or the other is getting low in battle.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users