Centurion 1 is too weak! Developers please read why!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

_RB_33_ #21 Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22735 battles
  • [101AS]

View Posterwin10001, on 12 April 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

How is the Centurion I compared to the Caernarvon?

Since I completed grinding the Caernarvon it means I've already researched the Centurion I's top gun...

The Caernarvon has a tier 9 gun and tier 9 engine and the Centurion has a tier 8 gun and tier 9 engine? isn't that sort of unfair?

Technically, it is... But I guess the same could be said for the Panther II which also has only a Tier 8 gun for its top gun... 

From what I understand, since the Centurion is a med, priority is given to the engine rather than the gun as meds are supposed to flank and not be able to easily pen heavies from the front... 

I could be wrong though... 

BossArdnutz #22 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 16800 battles
  • [DERPU]
I'm thinking of getting the Caernarvon and FXPing its top gun before buying the Centurion 7/1 (got them both unlocked) so I won't be stuck facing tier Xs with the 20pdr type A.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan? I will be getting my Cent I up to at least 50WR first, which will take a while... I do have plenty of free XP but don't want to waste it if the grind is bearable (at lower tiers I usually FXP the to tier and gun then grind tracks and engines).

TnkCmndrToo #23 Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5735 battles
  • [FOES]

View PostBossArdnutz, on 16 April 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

I'm thinking of getting the Caernarvon and FXPing its top gun before buying the Centurion 7/1 (got them both unlocked) so I won't be stuck facing tier Xs with the 20pdr type A.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan? I will be getting my Cent I up to at least 50WR first, which will take a while... I do have plenty of free XP but don't want to waste it if the grind is bearable (at lower tiers I usually FXP the to tier and gun then grind tracks and engines).

I've got both of them - just recently unlocked the Caernarvon (I think of it as a Cent 1 on steroids - bigger and stronger, but slower too lol).

IMO unlocking the type B on the Caernarvon is a good way of doing it, for the reason you gave. However, I would suggest you save your free XP for unlocking the 105 mm guns on the Cent 7/1 ASAP - the Royal Ordnance L7A1 and the HESH-firing L7B (which only costs a hundred XP so hey).

The reason is that I feel the Caernarvon is manageable even with the type A barrel gun, and you will be able to put up with it until you grind to the type B... whereas you will want to get the top gun on the Cent 7/1 as quickly as possible, because:

1. HESH is love, HESH is life

2. Facing tier X heavies with 226 mm of standard pen is NOT fun

3. 190 alpha is not going to even make a 2500 HP Maus blink (assuming you even pen).

Seeing as you're not in any hurry, my advice would thus be to:

1. Grind to the type B barrel top gun on the Caernarvon using only Combat XP, while saving as much free XP as possible

2. When you get the Cent 7/1, slap some XP boosters on that baby and grind it up to the top gun (using only free XP will take you a bit too long IMO). Grind the gun as far as possible first, then turret (to grind the gun further), then engine, then tracks.

I personally had to grind the Cent completely from stock because I went up the med line first :( but hey. The Cent 7/1 stock gun (and the grind in general) is actually a fair bit better than the other T9 meds... look at their stock configurations and count your lucky stars lol. Just remember that at the end you'll have a shiny, HESH-firing Cent 7/1 :)

Also, don't worry - I haven't forgotten about my Cent 7/1 guide. It'll turn up at some point... :D

Edited by TnkCmndrToo, 20 April 2019 - 02:06 AM.

ThicChopstick #24 Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:20 PM

Private

• 5722 battles

You just have to stay hulldown and use your -10° of gun depression.

The gun is great, good accuracy and pen, you don't need to shot apcr which is great.

The downsides is the speed, the hull's armor and the alpha/dpm.

Maybe buff the rof or buff the top speed to 50km/h (like on pc).

Btw you can actually side scraping with this tank, just don't over angle it and try to bait the shots in the tracks, they tend to actually absorb shots.

This tank stock is freaking bad tho.

Edited by ThicChopstick, 22 April 2019 - 03:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users